Brush Chipping, Compost & Yard Waste
Yard Waste Site: 480 Highridge Road
Resident Charles Kramer offers his private facility located at 480 Highridge Avenue to Village residents to drop off their yard waste and leaves. This compost site is restricted to yard waste and leaves. Yard waste is defined as grass clippings, leaves, garden and flower bed waste material that is not "woody" in structure. To get to the site drive into the driveway, turn right and drive forward toward the end of the barn located to the left. Do not drop off brush, raspberry/blackberry trimmings, bushes, trash, furniture or other items. Advance Disposal should be contacted for bulk item pick up.
Spring and Fall Yard Waste Information and Schedule
Spring curbside pick-up of leaves, grass clippings ans garden waste will begin on April 11, 2016 and will end on May 13, 2016 on Mondays and Fridays.
Fall curbside pick-up of leaves, grass clippings and garden wast will beging on October 10, 2016 and end on November 11, 2016 on Mndays and Fridays.
Please observe the following rules when placing materials out for collection:
- Waste material should be placed within five feet of curb. If there is excess material place it in a windrow along the curb. This will help the public works crews to be more efficient and allow them to pick-up more in one day.
- Bagged grass, leaves, and garden waste will not be picked up.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Village Hall at 863-6400 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday Through Friday.
Brush Chipping Information and Schedule
Brush chipping is the last Thursday of each month from April to November. On brush pick-up day, the cut end of branches should be placed facing the curb.
If additional information is needed, please call the Village Hall at 863-6400 between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
Please observe the following rules when placing brush out for collection:
- Brush up to 3" in diameter is acceptable in lengths no greater than 12 feet.
- Brush up to 6" in diameter is acceptable in lengths no greater than 8 feet.
- Brush greater than 6" in diameter cannot be accepted at the curb. Larger brush including stumps is the responsibility of the homeowner.
- Avoid cutting brush shorter than needed as fewer pieces are less handling for crews.
- Lay brush in piles at the curb with the branches lying parallel to the street. All branches should be laying in the same direction.
- Please do not put brush at the curb any sooner than one week prior to the collection day.
- Brush must be at the curb prior to the Thursday that brush is scheduled to be picked up. Brush not at the curb by the time crews come past will be left till the next pick-up or will be billed for us to come back at a later date.
- Lawn wastes (grass, leaves and garden materials) will not be taken. These materials need to be taken to the Village designated compost drop site. This area is located on Chuck Kramer's property at the end of Highridge Ave. (North of the Highridge Baseball diamond).
- Clearing of brush on lots for the intent to build or sell the lot will not be picked up. The intent of the pickup is to provide for disposal of brush generated as a result of routine yard maintenance. If excessive amounts of brush are placed at the curb, the brush may be refused or a fee will be charged for the work. Entire trees cut down are the homeowner's responsibility to remove and cleanup.
Trees placed at the curb Janruary to April will be picked up on a weekly basis.