NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
VILLAGE OF DENMARK
BROWN COUNTY WISCONSIN
NOTE: ACCESS TO THE PUBLIC FOR THE MEETING: IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN OUR MEETING VIA ZOOM, PLEASE CALL THE VILLAGE OFFICE AT (920)863-6400 AND PROVIDE US WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS SO WE CAN SEND A LINK TO THE MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a public hearing will be held by the Plan Commission of the Village of Denmark, Brown County Wisconsin, on Tuesday, March 1, 2023, at 4:30 p.m. at the Denmark Village Hall, 118 East Main Street, Denmark at which time the Plan Commission will hear public comments on proposed amendments to the Village Zoning Ordinance, Chapter 315 Of the Village of Denmark Municipal Code.
The Zoning Ordinance regulates the use of land and divides the Village into several different zoning districts, as represented on the Village of Denmark Zoning Map. Amendments proposed for consideration include:
- Establishing a 10-foot development setback from environmentally sensitive areas in all zoning districts
- Allowing artificial bodies of water (ponds) as a permitted use in all zoning districts upon site plan approval
- Allowing digital samples of building materials for site plan review in place of actual sample
- Complete rewrite of Sign Regulations so as to comply with ruling of the U.S. Supreme Court in Reed v. Town of Gilbert, 576 U.S. 155 (2015)
- Addition of Article XIII Changes and Amendments clarifying standards for the process of amending the zoning ordinance and zoning map
The ‘February 2023 PPD Ch. 315 Zoning’ is available for public inspection at the Village Hall and on the Village of Denmark website located at https://denmark-wi.org/. Written testimony may be submitted to: Village of Denmark Plan Commission, Attn: Village Clerk, PO Box 310, Denmark, WI 54208, or emailed to the Village Clerk at [email protected] by noon on the day of the Public Hearing.
All interested persons will be given an opportunity to be heard. Testimony may be provided in writing or in person.
For information regarding this public hearing contact Sherri Konkol, Village Clerk-Treasurer at the Village Hall 920-863-6400 during regular office hours
Any person requiring special accommodation who wishes to attend this meeting should contact the Village Hall 920-863-6400 at least 48 hours in advance.
Note: It is possible that members of and a possible quorum of members of other governmental bodies of the municipality may be in attendance at the above noticed meeting to gather information; no action will be taken by any governmental body at the above noticed meeting other than the governmental body specifically referred to above in this notice.
Sherri Konkol, Village Clerk-Treasurer
Publication in The Denmark News February 15, and February 22, 2023
as a Class II publication.