Village of Denmark Residents
Please DO NOT drop off brush, garbage, bricks, or any other refuse at the yard waste drop off located at 400 Mahlik Lane. This site is ONLY for grass, leaves and garden material.
This site is provided by the Village as a benefit to the Village residents. If the site is not used for the intended purpose the Village will no longer be able to provide this site.
Please be aware that curbside brush pick up is on the last Thursday of every month from April to November. The November brush pick up will always be the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
The Public Works Department
Brush Chipping, Compost & Yard Waste
The Village of Denmark is offering a trailer located at 400 Mahlik Lane to Village residents to drop off their yard waste and leaves. Vehicles are able to turn around in the parking lot in the gated area without calling to get through the gate. This site is restricted to unbagged yard waste and leaves. Yard waste is defined as grass clippings, leaves, garden and flower bed waste material that is not "woody" in structure. . Do not drop off brush, raspberry/blackberry trimmings, bushes, trash, furniture or other items. Commercial use of this site is prohibited. The site is monitored under video surveillance. GFL Disposal should be contacted for bulk item pick up.
Spring and Fall Yard Waste Information and Schedule
Spring curbside pick-up of leaves, grass clippings ans garden waste will begin on April 5, 2021 and will end on May 7, 2021 on Mondays and Fridays.
Fall curbside pick-up of leaves, grass clippings and garden wast will beging on October 4, 2021 and end on November 12, 2021 on Mondays and Fridays.
Please observe the following rules when placing materials out for collection:
- Waste material should be placed within five feet of curb. If there is excess material place it in a windrow along the curb. This will help the public works crews to be more efficient and allow them to pick-up more in one day.
- Bagged grass, leaves, and garden waste will not be picked up.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Village Hall at 863-6400 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday Through Friday.
Brush Chipping Information and Schedule
Brush chipping is the last Thursday of each month from April to November. On brush pick-up day, the cut end of branches should be placed facing the curb.
If additional information is needed, please call the Village Hall at 863-6400 between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
Please observe the following rules when placing brush out for collection:
- Brush up to 3" in diameter is acceptable in lengths no greater than 12 feet.
- Brush up to 6" in diameter is acceptable in lengths no greater than 8 feet.
- Brush greater than 6" in diameter cannot be accepted at the curb. Larger brush including stumps is the responsibility of the homeowner.
- Avoid cutting brush shorter than needed as fewer pieces are less handling for crews.
- Lay brush in piles at the curb with the branches lying parallel to the street. All branches should be laying in the same direction.
- Please do not put brush at the curb any sooner than one week prior to the collection day.
- Brush must be at the curb prior to the Thursday that brush is scheduled to be picked up. Brush not at the curb by the time crews come past will be left till the next pick-up or will be billed for us to come back at a later date.
- Lawn wastes (grass, leaves and garden materials) will not be taken. These materials need to be taken to the Village designated compost drop site. This area is located on Chuck Kramer's property at the end of Highridge Ave. (North of the Highridge Baseball diamond).
- Clearing of brush on lots for the intent to build or sell the lot will not be picked up. The intent of the pickup is to provide for disposal of brush generated as a result of routine yard maintenance. If excessive amounts of brush are placed at the curb, the brush may be refused or a fee will be charged for the work. Entire trees cut down are the homeowner's responsibility to remove and cleanup.
Trees placed at the curb Janruary to April will be picked up on a weekly basis.